Monday, July 23, 2007

Power of blogs

When I started this blog, I intended it to be viewed mostly by friends and family. For the most part it has, but I did receive a comment a couple of weeks ago from a complete stranger. I thought that was great and was excited about the idea of random people reading about our baby. Turns out this woman has a blog of her own and was pregnant too. I checked her blog a few times over the past couple of weeks and even posted a comment of my own.

Well I was saddened tonight to read in her blog that her baby did not make it. This really touched me. I don't know who this woman is or where she's lives, but I mourn the loss of her baby. I'm sure much of it has to do with the empathy I feel towards her and her husband in dealing with this loss, and the fear I have of something happening to our baby (though everything is going really well, promise). But it is something more as well. It is funny how easily a bond can be formed by the simplest of acts. All this woman did was stumble across this blog and leave a comment. And now I have a vested interest in her life. I guess this is what blogging is about. I'm glad we have a blog to share with others.

My condolences to you, Little Thunder. I hope you and your husband try again when you feel you are ready. Peace.

1 comment:

Plain Girl said...

I have a good feeling that everything with you will be just fine.

For me, it was just one of those things. I'm fine with that -- how can I not be? I have no choice. Dwelling on it would be silly. I like to move forward not run in place. Not to do that would simply not be me.

Instead, I prefer to take pleasure in other people's happiness and also to just move on and have fun.

We'll try again next year and in the meantime I get to see what it's like by living vicariously through your blog. :)

Thank you for you very kind words and thoughts. I appreciate you sympathy and look forward to reading more about your impending success.

The randomness of our meeting is quite spectacular.