Friday, August 17, 2007

Week 19

Met with the midwife on Wednesday and everything is going great. She confirmed that Lucy (and I) likely have been feeling the baby move and kick (not gas). Next week's ultrasound will likely confirm that as we will see the baby move and feel it at the same time.

The midwife also put to rest our concerns about the contractions Lucy had been experiencing over the last two weeks. All part of a normal pregnancy and Lucy appears to be "more in-tune with her uterus" than average. All in all, she and the little one couldn't be doing any better, though I'm a little jealous that I'm not "more in-tune" with some internal part of my body.

Also on Wednesday, we awoke at 4am to a bat in our bedroom. That is an ominous sign and I'm beginning to wonder if our beautiful baby may be in fact a vampire. Also, now I need to get the bat guy to come in and inspect our attic and clear out any unintended pets. We also found that if you call abat "squeekers," it really isn't that scary afterall.

Final note: as I mentioned above, next week is our next ultrasound. We still haven't decided whether we will find out the gender or not (that's on our weekend to-do list). One thing you can bet on, however, is that there will be new pictures posted here! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of you BREATHE...in with the good, out with the bad. This baby is going to be fine.

Love all 3 of you..count that! 3

MOM

Plain Girl said...

We named the bat that entered our home "Jeepers." The cats were very interested in it. We thought he was cute (minus the teeth). we managed to let him out a window after a frantic chase. That was my previous home, so I don't know if any more bats are getting in. No bats in this house, yet. We have a real "bat house" to install outside. We're just not sure where to hang it.

And, G/L with the ultrasound! (Keep it a surprise.) ;-P

Anonymous said...

Who is little thunder?

Bats are amazing creatures. They are mammals and nurse their young! More like us than birds, even. And if you open a window they will find it using their sonar!

I'll give you 24 hours of free babysitting and 6 refrigerator meals if you let me know before anybody else what the sex is.

On second thought, I like the idea of your raffling the knowledge off for Rollins dollars. hee hee hee.

I'm giving you under a week!

Gpat