Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sadness

It is with tremendous sadness that we learned tonight of the passing of Sam's Great Grandmother, my Grandmother Georgia, earlier this afternoon. Georgia was a marvelous woman who loved my Grandfather Earl dearly and embraced Earl's family, including me, as her own. She was the kindest woman, yet stronger than most and she shared her love with everyone she met.

Georgia's passing was not unexpected as she had seen her health decline rapidly in recent months. Fortunately, she was surrounded by her family until the very end, staying with her daughter Georganne.

I do find some comfort in the fact that Lucy and I were able to visit with Georgia this past Saturday while we were in Kansas City. Sam was able to meet his Great Grandmother and Georgia was able to meet her 12th great grandchild. I can still see the smile and joy on Georgia's face while Sam laughed (and drooled) as he squeezed her finger. It was a wonderful visit and I was fortunate to be able to tell Georgia how much we all loved her one last time.

To Mike, Georgeanne, Donna, and Brian and your entire extended families, our thoughts are with you. We love you.

To Great Grandma Georgia, we will miss you tremendously, but you will never be far from our hearts. May peace be with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for expressing our sadness and love for Georgia so well, my darling. She did indeed have such an immense amount of love and kindness for others. And it seems all too obvious that she has gifted her circle of family and friends with that unusual capacity as well. I count myself as one of those very lucky people. We sure will miss her.

Our deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

Lucy

Anonymous said...

I, too am saddened to hear of Georgia's passing. She was a truly kind and generous woman - always cheerful, and loving. I enjoyed spending time with her through the years with Debby. Please send my condolences to her family - I am so happy she got to meet Sam - I know that brought her great joy! Fondly, Sue Winnie